Almost immediately after posting yesterday’s update, in which I wrote, quote, “no major bugs”, I encountered a bug. I was changing up some story points, which included moving a couple assets from one scene to another. I then continued developing, and at some point I realized that my HUD had disappeared from the project. Many print statements later, I discovered that the resource loader was not loading my HUD upon loading any game scene. Turns out the resource loader was getting stuck on a “potato.png” that I referenced in a scene but had since deleted. No potato!
I still can’t find where that potato reference is, but I band-aid fixed it by adding a new potato.png into the requisite folder. My hope is that some day I will find that potato reference and put this bug to bed. This blog post will remind me to do so.